Podcasts are audio recordings that are in a digital format. They are intended to be downloaded and listened to on your computer or mobile device. They are free and, after downloading, you don’t have to stay connected to the Internet to listen to them.
To obtain podcasts, you can either:
- Download the file straight from a podcast’s website (like ‘www.funwithbells.com’). This means you’ll need to visit the site often to get new updates
- Use a podcast directory which can, for your subscribed podcasts, automatically download each episode
Using a podcast directory
If you prefer the ease, of listening to automatically downloaded episodes, then you may want to use a podcast directory.
You can choose from many podcast directories including:
- For iPad and IPhone users: the Apple Podcasts app which is pre-installed
- For Android users: the Google Podcasts app – which needs to be installed from the Google Play store
- For use with Alexa: Just Say “Alexa, play the Fun with Bells podcast”
The Fun with Bells podcast has been distributed to many places including iTunes, Google Play, Spreaker and Spotify – so you should be able to search for it in your favourite podcast directory. Please let us know, at email@example.com if it is missing from somewhere that you would like to pick it up from.
Listening to podcast episodes on this website
The benefit of coming to the Fun with Bells website to listen to the podcast is that you can also view additional information, photographs and the biographies of the guests available for each episode.
The audio player is at the bottom of the page throughout the website, so you can browse the site whilst listening. This audio player has a small down arrow on the right so you can collapse it to see more of the screen.
To be advised, by email, of new episodes, sign up to our newsletter.
Alternatives to listening to the podcast
From 2022, we produced full written transcripts for our episodes. If there are any earlier episodes where these are missing and you would like us to work on them then please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this content: